Realised I needed to cook something for lunch for the week and I only realised this late at night too. It's fortunate and also unfortunate where I work as there are no cheap places to go eat at, but at the same time no healthy places to go eat at. This forces me to cook my own lunches to cater to my dietary requirements.
- A veal log, or whatever cut you desire, scotch fillet might be tastier!
- 3x teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2x teaspoons of Chinese five spice powder
- sprinkle of mixed herbs
- pinch of salt & pepper (more if you like)
- several tablespoons of olive oil
Preheat your oven to about 180 degrees Celsius (or a little less if fan forced, I have an ancient shitty oven). Combine all the ingredients together on a mixing tray and make love to the veal log, by that I mean just coat the meat. Drop it into the oven and roast it for about 50 minutes or less depending on how you like it done. Remove, rest, slice and eat. I recommend serving this with steam veg or even a simple mash.
Time: ~ 1 hour
Serves: Not sure, I estimate about 4 lunches with left over (I consume loads of protein)