Decided to make Ratatouille on the weekend and went shopping for the produce in Canley Heights. Turns out asian stores do not stock zucchini, so that was a fail. On the upside dish turned out fantastic nevertheless and Brooke enjoyed it!
- 4x Lamb Chops (leave fat on if desired, also can use lamb cutlets)
- 2x Cans of Roast tomatoes (can roast your own if you have time)
- 1x Eggplant (cubed in nice chunky sizes)
- 2x Onions (diced, not too finely)
- 4x Cloves of garlic (diced finely, you can use less, I just love garlic)
- 2x Cups of button mushrooms (cut into quarters or however you like them)
- 1x Cup of beef stock
- 1x Teaspoon of Paprika
- 2x Teaspoons of Oregano
- 2x Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Combine cracked pepper, salt, paprika and oil to lamb chops and leave it to rest in the fridge whilst preparing the vegetables.
Heat up a heavy base pan, add olive oil and brown lamb either side. Do not cook lamb at this stage, ideally you would want to spend around 1~2 mins either side on high heat, remove lamb, and leave to rest.
Immediately turn out heat and add in onions, garlic, eggplant and cook till nice and coloured. Add in mushrooms, then everything else. Leave to simmer for around 15 minutes or until thickens. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
Once base is complete, add in lamb stir and cover the lamb. Immediately close the lid and turn off the heat and let it sit for around 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with some nice crusty bread or even on its own!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes