Simple lazy dish I knocked up after work mid week. It's healthy enough once you combine it with some veggies and eaten with whole grain rice!
- 500 grams of Beef Rump (the leaner the better for your health)
- 2x Garlic cloves, chopped up finely (dried garlic is fine too, just use 2 teaspoons)
- 1x Table spoon of Dark Soy sauce aka Kecap Sauce
- 1x Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1x Teaspoon of Chilli Flakes
- 1x Splash of White Wine
- 1x Table spoon of Olive Oil
Quite easy and quick, combine all ingredients together and leave to marinate for around 1 hour. Remove, heat up a non-stick pan and fry at maximum heat for around 2~3 minutes each side. Reduce heat to half and cook either side for another 2~3 minutes. Remove from heat, plate it and wrap it up with foil. Leave to sweat.
Plate up rice and chop up some fresh veggies. Slice beef into 4mm strips, layer onto dish and drizzle with sauce.
Serves: 2 with rice
Time: ~20 minutes
Cost: $15 (provided you go to a butcher not a supermarket!)